Christ Pre-eminent (1 of 2) by Jesse Hendley
This content is part of a series.CHRIST PRE-EMINENT (1 of 2)
Jesse M. Hendley
In the text, Colossians 1:15-20, there are twelve
statements about the Lord Jesus Christ. (I hope you
will find this passage in your Bible before we go on.)
1. He is the Image of the Invisible God.
2. He is the Firstborn of all creation.
3. By Him were all things created that are in heaven
and that are in earth, visible and invisible.
4. He is the Sustainer of all things; in Him all
5. He is the Head of the Body, the Church.
6. He is the Beginning.
7. He is the Firstborn from the dead.
8. That in all things He might have the pre-eminence.
9. It pleased the Father that in Him should all the
fullness of God dwell.
10. He made peace through the blood of His cross.
11. He reconciled all things unto Himself in heaven
12. He is the Presenter of the saints before God,
holy, unblemished and unreprovable.
Here God reveals twelve wonderful things about Jesus
World Religion vs. Revelation
The world is lost largely because people will not
accept God's revelation about Jesus Christ. They
concoct their own ideas of salvation. The majority of
people are going to hell trusting their own religion
instead of God's revelation, salvation in Christ. So
they are lost. It is pitiful. But here and there
people get their eyes open, believe God, accept
Christ, and are saved. They find out it is not of
themselves at all. Salvation is in Jesus!
We have as our subject, "Christ Preeminent." In verse
18 we read, "THAT IN ALL THINGS HE MIGHT HAVE THE
PRE-EMINENCE." God will not accept our religiosity.
He will not accept the afflicting of our bodies. He
will not accept our keeping of ordinances, feast
days, new moons and Sabbaths for salvation. He will
not accept man's worship of angels. The only thing
God will accept is our faith in His Son and our walk
There are 15843 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!