The Thief in the Night, or, the Day of the Lord (9 of 10) by Richard Laue
This content is part of a series.The Thief in the Night, or, the Day of the Lord (9 of 10)
Pastor Richard Laue
II Peter 3:9-16
So many want to know what God's Will is for their lives. Should I get married, stay single, live with someone not married? Is it God's Will to get a job? Is it God's Will for me to come to church every week? Yes, the answer is yes. I can answer a lot of questions, if you just ask them.
I can tell you God's Will for your life? Do you want to hear it? Okay.
1. It is God's Will for you to be saved. II Peter 3:9
2. It is God's Will that you know that you are saved. I John 5:13-15
3. It is God's Will that you be filled with the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 5:17-19
4. It is God's Will that you be filled with the knowledge of His Will. Colossians 1:9
5. It is God's Will that you be sanctified. I Thessalonians 4:1-3
"God's Will that we abstain from sexual sin."
6. It is God's Will that you be thankful. I Thessalonians 5:18
7. It is God's Will that you do good. I Peter 2:15-17
8. It is God's Will that you endure suffering. I Peter 4:1-2, 19
9. It is God's Will for you to will to do His Will. John 7:17
Look at verse 9. Peter says, "God is not willing that any should perish, but all should come to repentance."
BUT we are running out of time! *The Day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night Note this, once the Day of the Lord comes, God's mercy and God's grace will no longer be extended - so freely. (Review verse 10.)
People misunderstand "the Day of the Lord. K it is not a day just for the Old Testament Saints. It is not just for the New Testament Saints. It is for all men and all nations.
(1) THE DAY OF THE LORD IS PAY DAY!
Obadiah 15 ... "For the Day of the Lord upon all the nations is near; as you have done, it shall be done to you; Your reprisal shall return upon your own head. "
What you sew, you reap!
What you give, you get!
What you pour out, pours in.
(2) THE DAY OF THE LORD BRINGS DOWN PRIDE.
Isaiah 2:12 ... "F ...
There are 8414 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!