The Chosen Generation (9 of 20) by Richard Laue
This content is part of a series.The Chosen Generation (9 of 20)
I Peter 2:9-12
March 23, 1997
"But you," "but you;" that "you" is emphatic.
* But you, who are "elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father."
* But you, "who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."
* But you, who have been given "an inheritance corruptible and undefiled, and that does not fade away."
* But you, "who are kept by the power of God through faith."
* But you, "who know that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, or from your aimless conduct, received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ."
* But you, "who have purified your souls in obeying the truth."
* But you, "who in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart."
* But you, who have "laid aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking."
* But you, who have "come to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious."
* But you, "also as living stones, are being built up into a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."
Alexander Maclaren, great Biblical expositor, said, "The world takes its notions of God, most of all, from the people who say that they belong to God's family. They read us a great deal more than they read the Bible. They see us; they only hear about Jesus Christ."
The intent of Peter here is to show us who we are in Christ, so our ministry can be effective and anointed of the Holy Spirit.
The Lord God would much rather we "live it" than "talk it."
Pat Kelly, a major league outfielder in the '70s, was a born-again Christian. One day Pat said to his manager, Earl Weaver, "Aren't you glad I walk with the Lord, Earl?" Weaver replied, "I rather you walked with the bases loaded."
Doesn't the ...
There are 9503 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!