A Heavenly Encounter of the God-Kind!
Pastor Steve N. Wagers
1. A couple had two sons, ages 8 and 10, who were also getting into trouble. If anything went on at school or in the neighborhood, the parents knew that their sons were some way involved. The parents were at their wits end about what to do about their sons behavior. They heard about a minister in town that had been successful in helping unruly children. They set up an appointment for their two sons to meet with the minister. The minister agreed to meet with the boys but only if he could see them individually.
2. The 8-year-old boy went first. The minister sat the boy down in front of his desk and then very sternly asked, "Where is God?" The boy made no response, so the minister repeated the question in an even sterner tone, "Where is God?" Again the boy made no attempt to answer, so the minister raised his voice even more and shook his finger in the boys face, "WHERE IS GOD?"
3. At that time the boy bolted from the room and ran directly home and straight to his brother's room. His brother asked, "What happened?" The younger brother replied, "We are BIG trouble this time. God is missing and they think we did it!"
4. The greatest tragedy of the church age is that 'God is missing!' We have become more concerned with the affairs of men than with an awareness of God. We have become more consumed with our political programs than with spiritual passion. We have become more committed to being a social clubhouse than a spiritual lighthouse.
5. I am convinced that what the church needs is not more programs, parties, or politics; business, buildings, or budgets; committees, conferences, or charisma; but, what we need is a visitation from heaven. We need a Heavenly invasion. We have been given a Biblical revelation of God; but, we need a national, congregational, and personal revelation of God.
6. When I speak of revival I am speaking of much more than a 5-day meeting wit ...
There are 24205 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.