Parenting By Design (5 Of 5) by Larry Wynn
This content is part of a series.SERIES: DEALING WITH FAMILY MATTERS
Message # 5: Parenting By Design
Sunday, June 4, 1995
I. A. There are only three things that have any real lasting value.
1. Our personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. The testimony we give the world around us.
3. That which we instill in our children.
B. We must handle our children with care while we have them, because the impact w
have as parents not only follows them through life, but will also be passed down to
the next generation.
C. I confess I share with you today not as a teacher, but as a fellow-learner.
1. I do not have the answers!
2. I am very leery of anyone who claims to have the perfect formula or recipe.
D. What we want to do today is to look at some principles that are scriptural and that
God can use in our lives to be a blessing to our children.
II. Express love and appreciation.
The bible says in Cor. 3:21 we are not to provoke or embitter our children which leads to
discouragement. We are to encourage them what we express to our children can make the
difference in discouragement and encouragement. "In every person from the cradle to the
grave, there is a deep craving to be appreciated." William James
A. Understand the differences in our children.
1. Expressing appreciation begins with our appreciation of the differences in
our children. Proverbs 22:6 says "Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it." "In the way he should go" can
be defined as his natural bent.
2. Children are a gift from God. Each gift is a special unique creation. There are not
3. "Your goal as a parent is not to design your child. ...
There are 12525 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!