FACING THE FEAR OF DEATH
I CORINTHIANS 15:20-28
April 11, 1993
SERIES: RESURRECTION FAITH FOR REAL LIFE FEARS
A. ILLUSTRATION: Ann Landers receives over 10,000 letters a
month. "I get mail on one subject more than any
B. We all have fears. Fear is a natural part of
life, but when fear begins to control us or res-
tricts us then it is a real problem.
C. One of the greatest fears of man is the fear of
death. We don't like to think about dying, but
must face the fact that death is a real part of
D. Today is Easter. There is no better time to talk
about dealing with the fear of death than Easter.
Easter is all about victory over death!
1. Through the resurrection Jesus conquered
death and the grave.
See I Cor. 15:55-57
2. Not only did He conquer death itself He
gives us the power to conquer the fear of
3. In order to conquer the fear of death we
1. Accept the Reality of death.
2. Acknowledge grief association with
3. Affirm Christ's resurrection from
4. Admit your eternal nature.
5. Appropriate Christ's Victory over
I. ACCEPT THE REALITY OF DEATH.
ILLUSTRATION: 30 million people die a year. 84 every
minute, and 1.5 per second.
There are 14180 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.