Why God Created Families (2 Of 2) by Larry Wynn
This content is part of a series.Why God Created Families? (2 of 2)
Series: Marriage and Family
A. ILL. The pastor was visiting the 4th grade Sunday School class to talk about marriage as part of the lesson. He asked the class, ''What does the Bible say about marriage?'' Immediately, one little boy replied, `Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.'''
B. As important as knowing what the Bible says about marriage and the family is knowing why God created the family in the first place.
1. George Barna, in Frog in the Kettle, states, ''Survey after survey report that people's greatest source of happiness in life is family.''
2. He goes on to say, A little publi- cized fact is that several surveys have also found that the greatest source of frustration and disappoint- ment in people's lives is dealing with family problems.
C. Why did God establish the family?
I. THE FAMILY FORMS THE BASIC BUILDING BLOCK OF A WELL ORDERED SOCIETY.
A. God has established three institutions.
1. Government - Romans 13 told to obey the laws of the land.
a. Wrath sake. vs. 1-4.
b. Conscience sake. vs. 5-7.
c. Love sake. vs. 8-10. d. Christ's sake. vs. 11-14. 2. The Church - Matt. 16:18; Acts 2.
3. The home.
B. THE MOST BASIC AND IMPORTANT IS THE HOME.
1. Joshua addressed the nation and the OT equivalent to the church.
2. But he said, no matter what you do my family will serve the Lord.
3. The home is the first of the insti- tutions God created.
C. THE NATION AND THE CHURCH RISES AND FALLS BASED ON THE STRENGTH OF THE HOME.
ILL. ''The future of the country is being settled not by ambassadors, congressmen, or Presi- dents, but by families.''
D. THE BIBLE PICTURES THE FAMILY OF PRIMARY IMPORTANCE.
1. When God desired to build a great nation He began with a family.
2. When God revealed Himself to us through His Son, He came to us through a family.
II. TO BRING GLORY TO GOD!
A. The nation of Israel ...
There are 4535 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!