Tithing Isn't Taboo
A. Certain important words appear repeatedly
in the Bible.
1. Belief: 272 verses.
2. Prayer: 271 verses.
3. Love: 714 verses.
4. Give: 2162 verses.
B. People tend to be negative about messages on the subject of giving.
1. Misunderstanding - How this principle fits into one's Christian life.
2. Methods people use to promote giving.
3. Motivation - The reason a person asks.
4. Management - One's own personal finances.
C. The teaching of the Bible is God desires to provide us the necessities of life.
For God to provide our needs we are to:
1. Ask the Lord in prayer.
2. Wisely manage his resources.
3. Be generous - God doesn't bless a stingy person.
D. The greatest giving lesson can be learned from the greatest giver, God Himself.
THE FOLLOWING ARE LIBERATING PRINCIPLES.
I. THE FOUNDATIONAL ACT OF STEWARDSHIP IS THE GIVING OF OURSELVES TO GOD.
A. THERE ARE SIGNIFICANT CHARACTERS AND EVENTSIN THIS PARABLE.
1. The man represents Jesus Christ.
2. The journey represents the time we are given on this earth.
3. The servants represent you and me.
B. THE WORD SERVANT IS USED OFTEN TO REFER TO THOSE WHO HAVE PLACED FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST.
1. The literal word is bondslave.
2. The very purpose of life is that you may give yourself back to God.
3. Confusion reigns because that circleis incomplete.
II. THE SECOND PRINCIPLE OF STEWARDSHIP IS THE RECOGNITION OF GOD'S OWNERSHIP. VS. 13.
A. THE BIBLICAL PRINCIPLE OF STEWARDSHIP RECOGNIZES GOD IS THE OWNER OF ALL AND WE ARE THE MANAGERS OF WHAT IS HIS.
1. Vs. 13 says he entrusted his property to them.
2. God gives me things of which He requires me to do the best job of man-
aging I possibly can.
B. TO BE THE BEST MANAGERS WE CAN WE MUST CONSCIOUSLY DEDICATE EVERYTHING BACK TO HIM.
1. No matter what it is: Ability, possessions, position, etc..
2. ill. Charles Scott walked in just as I was preparing th ...
There are 7222 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.