Salvation: A Gift Or A Goal? (16 Of 27) by Larry Wynn
This content is part of a series.SALVATION: A GIFT OR A GOAL?
JANUARY 8, 1995 A.M. SERVICE
SERIES: A CONFIDENT CHURCH IN A CHANGING WORLD
BIBLE BOOK: ACTS
MESSAGE NUMBER 16
A. HOW IS ONE SAVED?
1. That is the most important question a
person can ask or be asked.
2. The answer to that question is the
difference in heaven and hell, life
B. This is not a new question. It is as old as
1. Paul and the disciples face that issue
in the early church.
2. They had been preaching to people to
repent of their sin, place their faith
in Christ, and they would be saved.
3. Some others were telling the early
church they had to follow certain
rituals as well as keep the law.
C. The issue boiled down to this.
1. One side: Jesus period!
2. The other: Jesus plus or minus some-
D. The conclusion is in verse 11. Makes all the
difference in the world today.
1. The conclusion was not universally
accepted. Judaisers continued to
preach Jesus plus the law.
2. It is not universally accepted today.
Today we will look at the Bible ans..
I. SALVATION IS THE WAY NOT A WAY TO ETERNAL LIF ...
There are 5489 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!