HOW TO GAIN THE ATTENTION OF JESUS
LUKE 8: 43-48
JANUARY 2, 1994
A. ILLUSTRATION: How we gain the attention of people.
1. Children: Thumpers, Repeaters,
criers, surprises (When sick)
2. Spouse: Gasp! While you're driving
down the road.
3. Boyfriend or girlfriend.
B. See in the Bible people who gained the
attention of Jesus.
1. Blind man.
2. Thief on the cross.
4. This woman.
C. She desperately needed Him and she knew it.
1. What we think we desperately need we
way not need.
a. Answered prayers.
b. Our desires.
2. We desperately need Christ, as did
this woman. The difference. Often
we don't recognize it.
D. How do we gain the attention of Jesus?
I. HOLY DESPERATION.
A. SHE HAD THREE PROBLEMS:
1. She had an incurable disease.
2. She was broke.
3. She was considered unclean.
B. SHE HAD HEARD OF JESUS.
1. I wonder how she had heard.
2. What if the world depended on you
C. THE PROBLEMS ARE THE SAME TODAY. THE
There are 5178 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.