When Sailing Isn't Smooth (27 Of 27) by Larry Wynn
This content is part of a series.WHEN SAILING ISN'T SMOOTH
FEBRUARY 26, 1995 A.M. SERVICE
SERIES: A CONFIDENT CHURCH IN A CHANGING WORLD
BIBLE BOOK: ACTS
A. Our teens have been in Disciple Now this
weekend. The theme for the weekend has been
"Extreme Faith for Extreme Times".
1. I think all of us agree we live in
2. If we are going to be victorious and
productive we must exercise extreme
B. The sailing isn't always smooth in life.
1. There are detours, deadends, and de-
2. These events alone will push our faith
to the very limits.
3. The key is we can be victorious.
C. Acts 27 gives us some very helpful hints for
handling life when the sailing isn't smooth.
1. Paul was on the way to Rome to preach.
2. Before he got there he had been
through many days of storms, had been
ship-wrecked, and had been snake
bitten, but he never gave up.
D. What can we learn from this?
I. DELIGHT IN GOD'S HOPE. VS.20,22.
A. HOPE IS ONE OF THE MOST ENERGIZING WORDS IN
THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
1. Hope is the power that keeps us in the
There are 8677 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!