Words From The Cross (4 of 5) by Larry Wynn
This content is part of a series.Words from the Cross (4 of 5)
Series: Death and Resurrection
A. Last words are important words.
1. A restaurant owner had established eating places all across the country. When he was dying he called his family near to give them final words. He whispered as they gathered near, ''Slice the ham thin.''
2. Voltaire, the atheist, said, ''I have been a fool. The hell I did not believe in now awaits me.''
3. William Carey, the missionary said, ''When I die think less of Carey and more of Carey's Savior.
B. The final words of Jesus on the cross are important to each of us.
I. THERE IS A WORD OF INTERCESSION. LUKE 23:34.
A. SEE CHRIST'S CONTENTMENT. ''FATHER FORGIVE THEM...''
1. Jesus is facing the most difficult time in His life, yet He calls on ''the Father''.
ill. In times of difficulty we tend to doubt God. It is easier to see Him as judge than Father.
2. He also demonstrated contentment in His ministry to others. He prayed for those around Him.
ill. You may be bound by sickness or other restriction, but You can have a power- ful ministry regardless. It is the ministry of prayer.
1. Compassion in their ignorance.
a. ''Know not what they do.''
b. Knew not they were crucifying the Son of God.
ill. Technology abounds, philosophies abound, religion abounds, yet man is still ignorant of the most impor- tant thing in life. How to have a relationship with God.
2. Compassion for their inability. The inability to forgive themselves.
ill. Not only is Christ the Lamb of God; He is the mediator between God and man.
1. He could strike down His enemies, but He refused to.
2. It takes more courage to forgive than to retaliate when wronged.
II. A WORD OF INTERVENTION. LUKE 23:43 ''TODAY, YOU WILL BE WITH ME IN PARADISE.''
1. One man died in sin rejecting Christ. One man died to sin receiving Christ.
ill. Two people can come ...
There are 5992 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!