SERMON FROM A STONE
APRIL 3, 1994
A. Throughout the Bible sermons were preached
through unique objects.
1. The heavens - Declare the glory of
God. Psalms 19: 1-4
2. The she-bears - Preached judgment.
II Kings 2:23
4. The Temple veil - A new and living
way. Matt. 27: 51.
5. The fig tree - Fruitlessness.
6. Wind and the Sea - Lordship.
7. Wall - Judgment. Daniel
B. The greatest sermon was preached by a stone.
1. The rocks will cry out.
2. Jesus, the chief cornerstone. The
most important stone in a building.
3. Jesus is our Rock.
4. The most precious stone: In a ceme-
tary outside Jerusalem.
C. The stone was rolled away.
1. Not to let Jesus out, but to let the
disciples see in.
2. What does it mean?
I. DEATH DOES NOT MEAN DESERTION.
A. VS. 1 FINDS DESPAIRING, DESPONDENT, DISCOUR-
AGED WOMEN ON THE WAY TO THE TOMB.
1. They were not coming to the tomb to
see a resurrected Savior, but to
anoint for burial the body of a
2. All they had lived for w ...
There are 10292 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.