The Fight For The Family!
Pastor Steve N. Wagers
2 Kings 11:1-3
Mother's Day 2003
1. Anyone who has children, or is around children would agree that they certainly bring light to a dark world. If you do not have any children I would encourage you to go to the mall and steal one. They are the joy of life. The Psalmist declared in Psalm 127:3,
"3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."
2. I think of a group of expectant fathers who were in a waiting room, while their wives were in the process of delivering babies. A nurse came in and announced to one man that his wife had just given birth to twins. "That's quite a coincidence" he responded, "I play for the Minnesota Twins!" A few minutes later another nurse came in and announced to another man that he was the father of triplets. "That's amazing," he exclaimed, "I work for the 3M company." At that point, a third man slipped off his chair and laid down on the floor. Somebody asked him if he was feeling ill. "No," he responded, "I happen to work for the 7-up company."
3. I'm sure that most of you are familiar with a very popular television show a few years ago, hosted by Art Linkletter, called "Kids Say The Darndest Things!" The show was so popular that we are still hearing the strange things kids say in a new show patterned after the old one and hosted by Bill Cosby. I recently came across some of the "darndest things" that kids can say.
- A girl named Amy sent a note to her pastor, which read:
"Dear Preacher, I heard you say to love your enemies. I am only six and do not have any yet. I hope to have some when I am seven! Your friend, Love Amy!"
- A young boy brought home his report card heavy with poor grades. His mother asked him, "What do you have to say for yourself?" The boy replied,
- "Well, one thing is for sure. You know I ain't cheating!"
- A little boy asked his mother where he came from and also where she had come from as a b ...
There are 23952 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.