This content is part of a series.
Give Me a PEACE of the Action! (3 of 9)
The Sweet Taste Of Spirit Fruit
Pastor Steve N. Wagers
Galatians 5:22, Philippians 4:4-7
1. One of Hollywood's most famous actors, Richard Dreyfuss, was recently interviewed by Barbara Walters, on ABC's 20/20. Near the end of the interview, Mrs. Walters asked him the question, "If you could have one wish, what would you wish for?" Without any hesitation whatsoever, Richard Dreyfuss looked into the camera, and said, "Every time I have a birthday, every time I blow out candles, every time I see a shooting star, I wish for the same thing. I wish for inner security." In essence, he was wishing for peace.
2. It comes as no surprise to anyone that our day is one that is constantly searching for peace. It seeks peace in the political, economic, and social arenas of life, but, sad to say, it finds little peace.
3. It is interesting that in a total of 3530 years of recorded civilization, only 286 years have been spent without war, someplace on the globe. Yet, during that same period, 8000 peace treaties have been signed. (1)
Someone described it well:
"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading!" (2)
4. The Bible has much to say about peace. In fact, there are 3 types of peace that are mentioned. There is, first of all, peace with God. Paul spoke of this in Romans 5:1:
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
5. When we are saved, we are placed at peace with God through the person of Jesus Christ. He has satisfied the requirement of God for us, and thus reconciles us to Him because of His sacrifice.
6. Then, the Bible speaks of a peace from God. Paul again mentioned this in Romans 12:18:
"If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men."
7. Finally, there is the peace of God. That is the peace listed in the fruit of the Spirit. That is the peace that God places wi ...
There are 16015 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.