Why Should I Serve God in 2000?
1 Corinthians 15:9-10
1. It is said that, years ago, during a British Conference on comparative religions, experts from around the world gathered together and debated what, if any, belief was unique to the Christian faith. So, they began eliminating possibilities. Incarnation? No, other religions had different versions of God's appearing in human form. Resurrection? No, again other religions had accounts of return from death.
2. The debate went on for some time until C. S. Lewis wandered into the room. "What's the ruckus about?" he asked, and heard in reply that his colleagues were discussing Christianity's unique contribution among world religions. Lewis responded, "Oh, that's easy. It's grace."
3. After some discussion, the conferees had to agree. "The notion of God's love coming to us free of charge, no strings attached, seems to be against every instinct of humanity. The Buddhist 8-fold path, the Hindu doctrine of Karma, the Jewish Covenant, and the Muslim code of law, each of these offer a way to earn approval. Only Christianity dares to make God's love unconditional." 1
4. When it comes to the grace of God, it is, without question, one of the most unlimited, and yet, sad to say, one of the most unappreciated attributes of God Himself. It seems as if the longer that we are saved, the more familiar we become with grace; thus, the more careless, and callous toward it. But, I submit unto you today, that "grace is the heart of the gospel. Without it the gospel is dead. Grace is the vocabulary of the gospel. Without it the gospel is mute. Grace is also the music of the gospel. Without it the gospel is silent. 2
5. I like how the Puritan Richard Baxter put it. He said, "We paid nothing for God's eternal love, and nothing for the Son of His love; and, nothing for the Spirit of His love. What an astonishing thought it will be to think of the unmeasurable difference between our deservings and our receiv ...
There are 22957 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.