This content is part of a series.
Let's Go To Prayer Meeting (3 of 6)
1. In the jungles of Africa, a man was being pursued by a roaring, hungry lion. Feeling the beast's hot breath on his neck, and knowing his time was short, he prayed all the time he was running.
2. He cried out in desperation, "Oh, Lord, please make this lion a Christian. Please make him a Christian!" Within seconds, the frightened man noticed that the lion had stopped chasing him.
3. When he looked behind him, he found the lion kneeling, and his lips were moving in obvious prayer.
4. Greatly relieved at this turn of events, and wanting to join the lion in a moment of meditation, he approached the king of the jungle.
5. When he got closer, he heard the lion praying out loud. He was amazed, and couldn't believe it. He knew that God had heard his prayer. However, to his surprise, he heard the lion pray, "And bless, Oh Lord, this food for which I am exceedingly grateful!" 1
6. If we were to be honest, today, we must admit that one of the most rewarding acts in the life of Christian is prayer. It is in that secret place that we enter into the very presence of God Himself, and enjoy fellowship, and communion with Him.
7. In fact, it is in prayer that we do not seek to change God's will, but we seek to find God's will. In prayer, it is not me getting what I want, but rather, it is I getting what He wants.
8. I believe that E. Stanley Jones said it well, "Prayer is surrender. It is surrender to the will of God, and cooperation with that will. Prayer is not pulling God to my will, but the aligning of my will to His will!" 2
9. Yet, while prayer is the most rewarding thing, it is also the most difficult thing in the life of a Christian. In fact, anytime I hear someone brag about how easy it is for them to pray, immediately I know that that person has not spent much time in prayer.
10. In fact, one of the great misconceptions about ...
There are 20338 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.