He'll Do It Again
II Kings 4:1-7
1. No doubt every one of us are all too familiar with the blessed old hymns, "Be not dismayed, what're betide, God will take care of you."
2. "He will supply, He will supply; Yes, I know, He will supply!' And, though we sing it, preach it, and hear it, there are times when we really wonder if God is aware of our dismal situation.
3. No doubt, many of you are familiar with the life of George Muller, who at Ashley Down, England, built several orphanages.
4. Muller, without a personal salary, relied totally upon God to supply the money and food he needed to support the hundreds of homeless girls he befriended in the name of Christ.
5. It is said that millions, and millions of dollars flooded into the ministry of Muller during his life for those children.
6. Muller, a man of radiant faith, kept a motto on his desk for many years that brought comfort and strength to his heart.
7. It read, "It matters to Him about you!" Muller believed that those words captured the meaning of I Peter 5: 7, and he rested his claim for divine help on that truth.
8. He testified at the end of his life that the Lord had never failed to supply all of his needs.
9. Yet, like Muller, I can stand before you tonight, without one moment of hesitation, and say, thanks be to God, He has never failed to supply my need. HE IS ENOUGH!
10. Now, while that seems to be the popular interpretation of this portion of Scripture, it is not the only interpretation.
11. For, in this story, we gain a true picture, and portrait of what is involved in once again having revival.
12. You see, as you know, the central focus of this story is oil. It is oil, which is needed, and it is oil which is lacking.
13. Thus, as you know, through the Word of God, oil serves as a picture of a very interesting truth. That being, the presence of the Holy Spirit.
14. Hence, as we consider the true picture of the story bef ...
There are 14837 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.