The Buck Stops Here!
I Samuel 15:23
1. Years ago, a man purchased a statue of Christ at an auction, and placed it on the desk in his den. A few days later, his wife was cleaning, and she moved the statue to the table in the living room. Their five-year old daughter, noticing the change of location, blurted out, "Hey mom, where did you put God?" 1
2. Truly, in these days, that is a question that bears much consideration.
3. While we continue to put 'In God We Trust' on our currency, it seems as if God is the last one that we're going to follow, or fear.4. In fact, the exclusive trademark of our day is Rebellion. It can easily be seen in our homes, our careers, and our churches.
5. Children rebel against their parents, employees rebel against their employers, and Christians rebel against their Master.
6. In fact, consider this, last year alone, 571,234 teenagers ran away from home. Of those, 68% find themselves in some sort of trouble with the law. 2
7. For example, about 57 percent of those arrested for serious crimes were under 25 years old. The number of arrests per 1,000 young adults 18 to 24 years old nearly doubled between 1968 and 1998. 3
8. Thus, the going mentality of the average teenager is 'I'm going to do what I want, when I want, and how I want.'
9. However, an even greater tragedy is that the same mentality can be seen in the lives of many Christians as well.
10. As I said, it is not an unusual site to see Christians today rebelling against Spiritual authority. That being, their leadership, and their Lord.
11. However, God has something to say about that in the passage before us today. In fact, rebellion is a subject that the Word of God has much to say about.
12. In Deuteronomy 31: 27, God speaking to His people said, "I know thy rebellion and thy stiff neck..ye have been rebellious against the Lord."
13. Then, in Proverbs 17: 11, we're told that "An evil seeketh only rebellio ...
There are 17712 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.