When God Turns out the Lights
There are times in life that it seems that God has turned off the light switch. There seems to be no light, and total darkness. There seems to be no illumination, only desperation. There seems to be no triumph, only travail.
As we come to this segment of Job's life, he begins to give some insight as to these times in our life. There are some things that God has specifically arranged for in these times.
I. A PROCESS SO GLORIOUS
The fact of the matter is that these dark times are a process in the mind, and in the hand of God.
c.f. Genesis 1: 14
GOD ORDAINED THE SEASONS
"Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for season, for days, and years."
1. Abraham faced a dark time at Moriah.
2. Jacob faced a dark time when it was apparent that he had lost his 3 sons
3. Joseph faced a dark time in prison.
4. Moses faced a dark time in Midian.
5. David faced a dark time at Ziklag.
6. Jeremiah faced a dark time in the dungeon.
7. Jesus faced a dark time on the cross.
8. The fact is that these dark, winter season have been as much ordained by God as the spring, summer, and fall. It's a Process So Glorious!
1. A PROCESS SO GLORIOUS
2. A PROBLEM SO GREVIOUS
1. In this process, there is a problem. It does not exist with God, but with us. In fact, it is linked to:
A. THE LIGHT AND IT'S REALITY
1. The writer says that "men see not the bright light which is in the clouds.."
2. While the cloud is that which holds back the light, t ...
There are 3308 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1654 character sample of the full content.