This content is part of a series.
LOOKING AT CHURCH MEMBERS THROUGH THE WINDOW OF
EUTYCHUS (5 of 6)
Looking Through Bible Windows
I. ATTENDING MEMBERS!
a) The Place of Our Assembling on the Lord's Day
b) The Purpose of Our Assembling on the Lord's Day
II. APATHETIC MEMBERS!
a) Why He was Sleeping
b) Where He was Sitting
III. AWAKENED MEMBERS!
a) A Work of Restoration
b) A Work of Consolation
1) Let me at the very beginning ask you a question:
"What kind of church member are you?" Someone has said
that many Church members are like:
* Wheelbarrows-they are no good unless pushed.
* Canoes-they need to be paddled.
* Kites-if a string is not kept on them, they will fly
* Balloons-they are full of wind and ready to blow up.
* Kittens-they are more contented when petted.
* Footballs-you can never tell which way they will
* Trailers-they have to be pulled.
* Neon lights-they keep going on and off.
2) Another has compared some Church members to certain
types of birds. Some are like the:
* Parrot-this bird repeats what someone else says.
* Fan-Tailed Pigeon-this bird is always strutting
* Hawk-this is a sharp-eyed bird that is always on the
look for something wrong.
* Jay Bird-this bird's main business is always raising
a fuss with the other birds.
* Bat-this is the hypocrite in the Church. The bat
looks like a bird from one point of view but from
another, it looks like a rat.
* Crow-this bird is always stealing the other man's
* Swan-this beautiful bird has no certain dwelling
place and just floats from place to place.
3) I read about one preacher that was having some
health problems. The doctor told him that he couldn't
do all the work of the Church by himself. The doctor
then ordered him to take it easy for a few weeks and
to tell his congregation that they were going to have
to do the work for a while. The doctor later asked the
preacher, "Are the peop ...
There are 23306 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.