This content is part of a series.
Looking At Temptation Through The Window Of Solomon (4 of 6)
Looking Through Bible Windows
I. RECOGNIZE THE POTENTIAL OF YIELDING TO TEMPTATION!
A) The Situation That Should Have Been Avoided
B) The Seduction That Could Have Been Avoided
II. REALIZE THE PRODUCT OF YIELDING TO TEMPTATION!
A) Destroyed Life
B) Disgraced Life
C) Depressed Life
D) Dominated Life
III. RESIST THE PULL TO YIELD TO TEMPTATION!
A) Guard Your Life from that which will Seduce You
B) Guide Your Life by that which will Strengthen You
1) A certain fellow parked his car in a no-parking zone and left a note on the windshield that read, "I've circled the block for 20 minutes. I'm late for an appointment, and if I don't park here I'll lose my job. Forgive us our trespasses." When he came back he found a parking ticket on his windshield and a note that read, "I've circled this block for 20 years, and if I don't give you a ticket, I'll lose my job. Lead us not into temptation."
2) It has been often said that opportunity knocks only once, yet have you ever noticed temptation bangs on the door constantly? The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 10:13 that there is no temptation that has taken us but "such as is common to man." The word "common" speaks of that which is human. To be tempted is only human and to be human is to be tempted.
3) A few years ago there came out a book entitled REAL MEN DON'T EAT QUICHE? (1) In the book were several one-liners on the definitive characteristics of a real man:
* Real men don't floss; * Real men don't buy flight insurance; * Real men don't play Frisbee; * Real men don't use zip codes; * Real men don't call for a fair catch.
4) I'm not sure that you define real men by such characteristics, but I would like to turn it around and say that real men do face temptation. Real women face temptation. Real people face temptation. Temptation is as the Bible says a human and common experience. The quest ...
There are 21078 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.