Learning about the Peace of God (2 of 6) by Ken Trivette
This content is part of a series.Learning about the Peace of God (2 of 6)
How About Getting To Know Me Better - God
Ken D. Trivette
I. THE PEACE OF GOD AS A GIFT!
A. Judicial Gift of Peace
B. Experiential Gift of Peace
II. THE PEACE OF GOD AS A GUARD!
A. How Amazing the Peace We Find
B. How Assuring the Peace We Feel
III. THE PEACE OF GOD AS A GUIDE!
A. Peace that is Affirming
B. Peace that is Allowed
1. Someone has written:
* God is like Coke. He's the real thing.
* God is like Pan Am. He makes the going great.
* God is like General Electric. He lights your path.
* God is like Bayer Aspirin. He works wonders.
* God is like Hallmark Cards. He cares enough to give His best.
* God is like Tide. He gets the stains out that others leave behind.
* God is like VO5 Hair Spray. He holds through all kinds of weather.
* God is like Dial Soap. Aren't you glad you know Him? Don't you wish everyone did?
* God is like Sears. He has everything.
* God is Alka-Seltzer. Try Him; you'll like Him.
* God is like Scotch Tape. You can't see Him, but you know He's there.
2. When I think of God I have to say with Moses, “Who is like unto thee, O Lord, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders” (Exodus 15:11). God may be like many things, but we have to say that there is no one or nothing like Him.
3. Because He is a God like no other, it is my desire that we get to know Him better. I want to us to learn more about Who He is so we can get a better understanding of what He can be to us as His children. Last week we thought about the “grace of God.” Today, I want us to think about the “peace of God.”
4. When you talk about peace you are speaking of a subject that is largely unknown in the world in which we live. All you have to do is turn on your evening news to discover that peace is a stranger in many parts of the world in which we live. The Society of International Law in London stated that during the last 4,0 ...
There are 18675 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!