Let's Learn about The "GRACE of God" (1 of 6) by Ken Trivette
This content is part of a series.Let's Learn about The "GRACE of God" (1 of 6)
Series: How About Getting To Know Me Better – God
Ken D. Trivette
1 Corinthians 15:10
I. THE GRACE OF GOD AS IT RELATED TO HIS SALVATION!
A. The Experience of God's Grace
B. The Essence of God's Grace
II. THE GRACE OF GOD AS IT RELATED TO HIS MOTIVATION!
A. A Service That Was Exceptional
B. A Service That Was Encouraged
III. THE GRACE OF GOD AS IT RELATED TO HIS QUALIFICATION!
A. The Personal Accomplishment That Was Denied
B. The Perpetual Assistance That Was Declared
1. I am sure many of you have seen the billboards with messages from God on them. They first began appearing on highways and buses in Ft. Lauderdale and Broward County, Florida. Since then they have appeared across the nation. The billboards first came about when a client, insisting on anonymity, approached “The Smith Agency” in Ft. Lauderdale to develop a campaign promoting God. The Smith Agency crafted 18 separate messages that were launched in September 1998. Some of the messages that have appeared on these billboards are:
* Lets meet at my house Sunday before the game – God
* What part of “Thou shalt not” didn’t you understand? - God
* We need to talk – God
* Keep using my name in vain and I’ll make rush hour longer – God
* Loved the wedding, Invite me to the marriage – God
* Big Bang Theory, You’ve got to be kidding – God
* Need directions? – God
* You think it is hot here – God
* Have you read my #1 Best Seller? There will be a test - God.
2. Today, I want to create my own billboard and put on it a message I think God wants to give us for a few weeks and it is the message, “How About Getting To Know Me Better - God.” I want us to spend a few weeks getting to know God better, learning more about Him, Who He is, and the kind of God He is.
3. A little girl was drawing a picture and her teacher asked her what she was drawing. She answered, “I’m drawing a picture of God.” The teacher said, “Honey, no one knows what God looks like.” The little girl replied, “They will when I get done.”
4. It is my prayer that when we are done we will have got to know God better. As Christians, we serve a wonderful and glorious God. It is a personal and spiritual tragedy not to get to know Him. God has revealed Himself in various ways in order that we can know Him and it is to our benefit and blessing to get to know Him.
5. A classic in Christian literature is A.W. Tozer’s book entitled “The Knowledge of the Holy.” In the opening chapter of the book Tozer writes: “What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us. The history of mankind will probably show that no people has ever risen above its religion, and man’s spiritual history will positively demonstrate that no religion has ever been greater than its idea of God.”
6. I wholeheartedly agree, therefore I want us to spend a few weeks getting to know God better. As we get to know God better, I believe it will leav ...
There are 20301 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!