This content is part of a series.
HOW SHALL WE ESCAPE IF WE NEGLECT SO GREAT SALVATION?
(10 of 16)
Series: Great Questions from the Bible
1. A CALL TO BE ATTENTIVE!
A. Hearing The Word
B. Heeding The Word
2. A CONDITION TO BE AVOIDED!
A. A Distracted Condition
B. A Distant Condition
C. A Dry Condition
D. A Defeated Condition
3. A CAUSE TO BE ALARMED!
A. Taking Our Salvation Lightly
B. Taking Our Sin Lightly
1. I am sure that you are aware that things tend to
change over time. I once came across what is called
"The Stages of a Cold," that illustrates how things
tend to change over time. It describes a husband's
reaction to his wife's colds during the first seven
years of marriage.
2. In the first year when a wife gets a cold, the
husband says, "Sugar dumpling. I'm really worried
about you. You've had a bad sniffle and there's no
telling about these things with all the strep that is
going around. I'm putting you in the hospital."
3. In the second year the husband says, "Listen
darling. I don't like the sound of that cough and I've
called the doctor to rush over here. Now you go to bed
and be a good girl."
4. In the third year the husband says, "Maybe you
better lie down, Honey. There's nothing like a little
rest when you feel lousy. I'll bring you something. Do
we have any canned soup?
5. In the fourth year the husband says, "Now look
dear, be sensible. After you feed the kids, do the
dishes and mop the floor, you'd better get some rest."
6. In the fifth year the husband says, "Why don't you
take a couple of aspirins?"
7. In the sixth year the husband says, "I wish you'd
just gargle or something instead of sitting around
barking like a seal all evening."
8. Then in the seventh year the husband says, "For
Pete's sake, stop that sneezing. What are you trying
to do, give me pneumonia?"
9. As I said, things tend to change over the years. In
our question today, we find t ...
There are 23797 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.