Improving Love in a Marriage (1 of 3) by Ken Trivette
This content is part of a series.Improving Love in a Marriage (1 of 3)
Series: Home Improvement
1. I think of a couple of actual Classified Ad's found in newspapers:
''FOR SALE...Wedding dress. Never worn. Will trade for .38 caliber pistol.'' ''FOR SALE BY OWNER...Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica. Excellent condition, $1000 or best offer, No longer needed. Got married last weekend. Wife knows everything.''
2. An old man asked a Wizard if he could remove a curse he had been living with for the last 40 years. The Wizard replies, ''Maybe, but you'll have to tell me the exact words that were used to put the curse on you.'' The old man answered without hesitation, ''I now pronounce you man and wife.''
3. One fellow said, ''My wife and I went back to the hotel where we spent our wedding night. Only this time, I stayed in the bathroom and cried.''
4. Three weeks after her wedding day, Joanna called her minister. ''Reverend,'' she wailed, ''John and I had a DREADFUL fight!'' ''Calm down, my child,'' said the minister, ''it's not half as bad as you think. Every marriage has to have its first fight!'' ''I know, I know!'' said Joanna. ''But what am I going to do with the BODY?''
5. Sadly, many people have discovered marriage to be less than they anticipated and fall short of their expectations. Yet, as I look at God's Word I find that marriage is depicted, defined, and described as one of the most edifying, satisfying, gratifying relationships that a human being can experience. Apart from a relationship with Christ, there is no other relationship in human existence that can be more enriching, enjoyable, and exciting as marriage.
6. If you are not experiencing a marriage that is edifying, satisfying, and gratifying, enriching, enjoyable, and exciting, then your marriage is not what it should be and not what it can be. God's intention is for marriage to be a heaven on earth, not a hell on earth.
7. For a few weeks we want to focus on the fam ...
There are 16691 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!