A Woman that Teaches Us God Can Save Anyone (5 of 6) by Ken Trivette
This content is part of a series.A Woman that Teaches Us God Can Save Anyone (5 of 6)
Series: Lessons from Women in the Bible
1. In the last part of verse 42 we read that Jesus is called ''the Saviour of the world.'' The title ''Saviour'' simply means, ''One who saves.'' When we call Jesus our Lord and Saviour we are simply declaring that Jesus is the one who saved us.
2. The announcement of the angel was, ''And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins'' (Mt. 1:21).
3. We read in Matthew 18:11, ''For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.'' The purpose of our Lord's coming to this earth was to be the Saviour of the world and save people from their sins.
4. Someone has written:
To the artist the Lord Jesus Christ is the One Altogether Lovely.
To the architect He is the Chief Cornerstone.
To the baker He is the Living Bread.
To the banker He is the Hidden Treasure.
To the biologist He is the Life.
To the builder He is the Sure Foundation.
To the carpenter He is the Door.
To the doctor He is the Great Physician.
To the educator He is the Great Teacher.
To the engineer He is the New and Living Way.
To the farmer He is the Sower and the Lord of the Harvest.
To the florist He is the Rose of Sharon and the Lily of the Valley.
To the geologist He is the Rock of Ages.
To the horticulturist He is the True Vine.
To the judge He is the Righteous Judge, the Judge of all men.
To the juror He is the Faithful and True Witness.
To the jeweler He is the Pearl of Great Price.
To the lawyer He is Counselor, the Lawgiver, the Advocate.
To the newspaper man He is the Good News of Great Joy.
To the philanthropist (one who loves and seeks to benefit mankind) He is the Unspeakable Gift.
To the philosopher He is the Wisdom of God.
To the preacher He is the Word of God.
To the sculptor He is the Living Stone.
To the statesman He is the Desire of all Nations.
To the student He is the Incarnate Truth.
To the theologian He is the Author and Finisher of our Faith.
To the laborer He is the Giver of Rest.
To the sinner He is the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world.
To the Christian He is the Son of the Living God, the Savior, the Redeemer and Lord.
5. Hebrews declared Him as the Saviour who is ''able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him...'' As someone as well said, ''He is able to save from the uttermost to the guttermost.'' There is no one that he cannot save.
6. There is no story in the Bible that better demonstrates that He is the ''Saviour of the world'' anymore than the story of the woman at the well in John chapter four. 7. As we look at this woman we are reminded that there is no one that Jesus cannot save. Let's look at the story and glean from her the lesson that God can save anyone.
1. SHE WAS A WOMAN WITH A TROUBLED LIFE
1. We read in verse 7, ''There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water.'' We do ...
There are 18479 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!