A Sneak Preview of the New Heaven and Earth (8 of 8) by Ken Trivette
This content is part of a series.A Sneak Preview of the New Heaven and Earth (8 of 8)
Series: A Sneak Preview of Coming Attractions
1. For the past several weeks we have been looking at things that will happen in the future. Charles Kettering said, ''We should all be concerned about the future because we will have to spend the rest of our lives there.''
2. Someone has said, ''Our eyes are in front of our head because it is more important to look ahead than to look back.''
3. As we have looked at the future, we have looked at such things as the Rapture, Judgment Seat, Marriage Supper, Tribulation, Battle of Armageddon, Millennium, and the Great White Throne. In our final message in this series we want to look at the New Heaven and Earth.
4. I read about two teenagers in Chicago who wanted to prove their love for each other. They went to the top of a six-story building, kissed each other, and jumped off. They left a note saying, ''We're looking for a better place.'' The girl was killed. The boy was seriously injured. 1
5. In our text, John tells us about a better place. He tells us about a New Heaven and Earth. The final vision John saw was the end of time, as we know it and the beginning of eternity for all that are saved. If you are saved then this final event should have great interest for you.
6. The New Heaven and earth is the future home of every believer. Revelation 21- 22 tells us where we will spend eternity and how we will spend eternity. Let's notice this New Heaven and earth.
1. THE DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW CREATION!
1. The Bible begins with the creation of a heaven and earth and it ends with the creation of a new heaven and earth.
2. [Notice Vs.1] ... John saw the first heaven and earth, which is the present heaven and earth. But he also saw the creation of a new heaven and earth.
. The heaven that John spoke of was the atmospheric heaven that surrounds this earth. That is sky above us. What John saw was this earth and the heaven (sky) surrounding it.
A. THE CONCLUSION OF THE FIRST HEAVEN AND EARTH.
1. This is a marvelous world in which we live. The more I learn about this earth on which we live, the more amazed I am. This earth in all its details reveals the handy-work of God.
2. I read about a second-grade boy that asked his teacher, ''How much does the earth weigh?'' The teacher, not knowing the answer, resorted to a time-tested technique: ''That's an interesting question. Let's see who can find the answer by tomorrow.'' That night, the teacher went to the library and came up with the answer. The next day, she asked if anyone had been able to find the answer. No one volunteered. Proudly, the teacher announced the results of her finding: ''The earth weighs approximately 6,000 million, million, million tons.'' The same boy raised his hand and asked: ''Is that with or without people?'' 2
3. Everything about this marvelous tonnage suspended in space is a marvel. Everything about this world disp ...
There are 16012 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!