This content is part of a series.
Ken D. Trivette
A Sneak Preview of Coming Attractions (8 of 8)
#8 THE NEW HEAVEN AND EARTH
1. For the past several weeks we have been looking at things that will happen in
the future. Charles Kettering said, "We should all be concerned about the future
because we will have to spend the rest of our lives there."
2. Someone has said, "Our eyes are in front of our head because it is more
important to look ahead than to look back."
3. As we have looked at the future, we have looked at such things as the
Rapture, Judgment Seat, Marriage Supper, Tribulation, Battle of Armageddon,
Millennium, and the Great White Throne. In our final message in this series we
want to look at the New Heaven and Earth.
4. I read about two teenagers in Chicago who wanted to prove their love for
each other. They went to the top of a six-story building, kissed each other, and
jumped off. They left a note saying, "We're looking for a better place." The
girl was killed. The boy was seriously injured. 1
5. In our text, John tells us about a better place. He tells us about a New
Heaven and Earth. The final vision John saw was the end of time, as we know it
and the beginning of eternity for all that are saved. If you are saved then this
final event should have great interest for you.
6. The New Heaven and earth is the future home of every believer. Revelation 21-
22 tells us where we will spend eternity and how we will spend eternity. Let's
notice this New Heaven and earth.
1. THE DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW CREATION!
1. The Bible begins with the creation of a heaven and earth and it ends with the
creation of a new heaven and earth.
2. [Notice Vs.1] ... John saw the first heaven and earth, which is the present
heaven and earth. But he also saw the creation of a new heaven and earth.
. The heaven that John spoke of was the atmospheric heaven that surrounds this
earth. That is sky above us. What John saw was this earth and the heaven (sky)
A. THE CONCLUSION OF THE FIRST HEAVEN AND EARTH.
1. This is a marvelous world in which we live. The more I learn about this earth
on which we live, the more amazed I am. This earth in all its details reveals
the handy-work of God.
2. I read about a second-grade boy that asked his teacher, "How much does the
earth weigh?" The teacher, not knowing the answer, resorted to a time-tested
technique: "That's an interesting question. Let's see who can find the answer by
tomorrow." That night, the teacher went to the library and came up with the
answer. The next day, she asked if anyone had been able to find the answer. No
one volunteered. Proudly, the teacher announced the results of her finding: "The
earth weighs approximately 6,000 million, million, million tons." The same boy
raised his hand and asked: "Is that with or without people?" 2
3. Everything about this marvelous tonnage suspended in space is a marvel.
There are 16258 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!