This content is part of a series.
A Sneak Preview of the Tribulation Period (4 of 8)
Series: A Sneak Preview of Coming Attractions
1. In the June 2, 1997 issue of Newsweek Magazine was an article entitled ''The Day the World Shutdown.'' The article contained an analysis of the year 2000 and the problems it may bring.
2. Such articles and all we are hearing about Y2K and the year 2000 have made people wonder about the future. For the past few weeks we have turned to the most reliable source for facts about the future and sought to take a look at things that will happen in the future. I am talking about the Bible.
3. I will not make any predictions about Y2K and the year 2000. To be honest with you, I don't know what to believe about all we are hearing. But I am certain about certain events that will happen in the future.
4. We have looked at 3 future events thus far; the Rapture, the Judgment Seat, and the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. Today we want to look at another future event called the Tribulation.
1. THE TIME OF THE TRIBULATION!
1. (Vs.21) Now when I talk about the Tribulation Period what exactly am I talking about? Let me give a thumbnail sketch of what the Tribulation Period is.
A. THE PLACE OF THE TRIBULATION.
1. The first event that we looked at was the Rapture. The next 2 events we considered are events that will happen in heaven. The Tribulation will take place on earth.
2. As the Judgment Seat and Marriage Supper are going on in heaven, the Tribulation will be taking place on earth. Saved people will be enjoying what is going on in heaven and lost people will be enduring what is happening on earth.
B. THE PERIOD OF THE TRIBULATION.
1. The Tribulation will last for a period of 7 years. In Revelation 11:2 we read of ''42 months''; in 12:6 ''one thousand two hundred and threescore (1,260) days''; and in 12:14 ''a time and times, and half a time'' (or three and one-half). Each of these figures corresponds to three and one ...
There are 9694 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.