A Sneak Preview of the Marriage Supper of the Lamb (3 of 8) by Ken Trivette
This content is part of a series.A Sneak Preview of the Marriage Supper of the Lamb (3 of 8)
Series: A Sneak Preview of Coming Attractions
1. The most unusual wedding I ever heard of is one that was reported in the Philippines' Times-Journal. The story told of an Antonio Puno, a security guard at the presidential palace, marriage to Editha Reyes, as she lay in a coffin in the church. The story described the coffin bearing Edith in her wedding gown. Her father was beside the coffin. Ahead was Edith's godson who acted as ringbearer. The rest of the bridal entourage followed. Waiting at the altar was Tony, who stood at the head of Edith's coffin as the Protestant pastor officiated. When it was all over, the glass top of the coffin was lifted. He kissed her on the forehead and the cheek. The wedding ended. The dirge was played. The funeral began. Tony and Edith had had a long engagement. Four days before Edith's death, they finally set the wedding date. It was then that tragedy struck. Edith had a slight fever and hard time breathing. The town doctor was called and she was taken to the hospital. The next day, Edith was dead. Before she succumbed, she was able to whisper to Tony: ''If I die, will the wedding still be held?'' Tony said, ''Yes.''
2. The story is a very touching story. Before us in our text is a wedding unlike any other. It is the grandest, greatest, and most glorious wedding ever to be held. It is called ''The Marriage Supper of the Lamb.''
3. The order of events that we have noticed thus far is Rapture. This is the time when the Lord shall return and take the believer out of this world. The Lord will catch us up. Then we saw the Judgment Seat, the time when the Lord will clean us up. Today we want to look at the Marriage Supper, the event that will follow the Judgment Seat and the time when the Lord will cheer us up.
1. THE WEDDING CELEBRATION! (Vs.1-6)
1. Verses 1-6 throb with excitement. It is a grand andamp; glorious day in heaven. Yo ...
There are 8829 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!