It's a Boy
Genesis 21: 1-8
1. I want you mothers to imagine something. What if you went to the doctor and he told you that you were going to have a baby and you gave birth to that baby 25 years later. I know what some of you are thinking: 9 months seems like 25 years.
2. In the case of Abraham and Sarah, God told them they were going to have a baby and it was 25 years later when she finally delivered that baby. Furthermore, God gave Sarah a heavenly ultra-sound and told her it was going to be a baby boy 24 years before she was pregnant.
3. For 25 years Abraham and Sarah tried to have a child, prayed for a child, dreamed about a child, and waited for a child. I can imagine that every time they came to a Revco, they stopped and bought home pregnancy test to see if she was pregnant. Finally one day, after 24 plus years, she came running out of the tent shouting, ''Abe honey, it's blue! It's blue! I'm pregnant.
4. I would like to have been there when that baby boy was born. I can hear Abraham while Sarah is in labor: ''Pant like puppy, Glory to God, breathe deep, hold it, Hallelujah!'' What a beautiful picture that must have been, a 100 year old father and a 90 year old mother with a miracle baby cuddled in their arms.
5. Notice Genesis 21:1-2, ''And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken.  For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.''
6. God had kept His word and fulfilled his promise. As one writer said, God ''traffics in truthfulness.''1 For 25 years Abraham and Sarah have been learning that God keeps His Word, and now in their arms is the greatest proof yet, that God will do what He says He will do.
7. As you look at the birth of Isaac you not only see an example of God's faithfulness, but you also see in Isaac a type of the new birth. The physical birth of Isaac is a type of the spiritual birth of every believer.
There are 17127 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.