Ken D. Trivette
GETTING A WORD FROM GOD
1. Some Psychologists believe that it is possible to judge a persons
personality by the shape and size of their ears:
. Large and rounded ears show a strong nature that is concerned about truth,
ideals, and ambitions.
. Excessively large and fleshly ears point to a proud and pretentious nature.
. Small ears point to a careful and prudent person who has willpower and
. Oval ears well formed show wisdom, loves to study and has a desire for
. Ears that are cauliflower shaped and not well formed reveal frustrated,
vulgar people without ideals or charm.
. If the right ear is larger than the left, the person acts in instinctive ways.
Fantasy is stronger than reason.
. If the left ear is larger than the right, the person is the cerebral type who
never decides things casually.
2. To be honest with you, I am not sold on the fact that you can judge a
persons personality by the size of their ears. I am not all that interested in
the size of a persons ears. But I am interested in how we use our ears.
3. Someone has said that God gave us two ears and one mouth and they
are to be used in that proportion. Another has said that "Big people
monopolize the listening. Small people monopolize the talking."
4. When it comes to listening you may be like the 2 fellows that were
talking. One fellow said, "My wife talks to herself a lot." His friend answered,
"Mine does too, but she doesn't know it. She thinks I am listening."
5. According to "The Physician's Weekly," hearing declines approximately
twice as fast in men as in women. According to a study by the National
Institute on Aging, men from 30 to 80 years old have poorer hearing than
women the same age.
6. When it comes to our spiritual ear, it is important that we have good
hearing. The prophet Isaiah said in Isa.1:1O, "Hear the Word of the Lord...
give ear unto the law of the Lord. ...
There are 19644 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.