This content is part of a series.
Ken D. Trivette
(4 of 5)
Building Blocks of the Faith
#4 THE BIBLE:THE AUTHORITY OF YOUR FAITH
Jude 20 & I Peter 2:2
1. The Bible is a collection of 66 books, written by about 40 authors over a
period of more than 1,600 years. It is a book that has one theme that is
expressed in many different ways. It is a book that includes history, prophecy,
poetry, biography, philosophy, and science.
2. Its most recent parts were written nearly 2,000 years ago, but yet it is just
as relevant today as when it was first written. It is a book that is never out
3. The Bible is not only relevant, it is also reliable. It is a book that is
completely true and furthermore is constantly true.
4. Sir Isaac Newton, who is often called the father of modern science, said:
"There are more sure marks of authenticity in the Bible than in any profane
5. Now what makes the Bible relevant and reliable is that it is the Word of God.
The Bible is not an ordinary book. It is the Word of God.
6. Because the Bible is the Word of God, it is important to the Christian and
indispensable to living a Christian life. The Bible is the authority of our
7. An essential building block of the faith is developing a proper relationship
to the Bible. Peter declared in 1 Peter 2:2, "As newborn babes, desire the
sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby."
8. Peter was saying that the Bible is a vital part of "building on our most holy
faith" or "growing in our most holy faith." If we are to grow (build) in our
Christian life, we must develop a relationship with the Bible.
9. As we have seen, baptism is the announcement of our faith and Church
membership is the affiliation of our faith. Today I want us to consider the
Bible as the authority of our faith. As I think of the Bible as the authority of
our faith I think of:
1. A LIFE DIRECTED BY THE BIBLE!
1. Someone has well said that the Christian should ge ...
There are 12054 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.