This content is part of a series.
Church Membership: The Affiliation Of Your Faith (3 Of 5)
Series: Building Blocks of the Faith
Ken D. Trivette
Jude 20 and Hebrews 10:22-25
1. I once came across an article entitled "Why Are Fire Trucks Red?" It reads:
"Fire trucks have four wheels and eight firefighters, and four plus eight equals twelve. There are twelve inches in a foot. A foot is a ruler. Queen Elizabeth is a ruler, and the Queen Elizabeth is one the largest ships on the seven seas. Seas have fish. Fish have fins. The Finns fought the Russians. The Russians are red. Fire trucks are always rushin'. Therefore fire trucks are usually red!"
2. A footnote to this explanation was given:
"If you think this is wild, you ought to hear some people trying to explain why they are not attending Church on Sunday!"
3. I heard about a man that was hunting on Sunday when a storm came up. Looking around for shelter from the rain he spotted a hollow log. He crawled into the log, which fitted quite snuggly. The rain lasted for hours and soaked through the wood and thus began to contract. When the storm was over the hunter couldn't get out. He wiggled and squirmed but the log held him tight. Exhausted the man lay in the log and he thought, "Nobody will ever find me here. I will die in this log." As the fear of dying came over him his life flashed before him. Suddenly he remembered it was Sunday morning and he should have been in Church. This made him feel so small that he was able to crawl out of the log without any difficulty.
4. As we continue to think about Building Blocks of the Faith, I want to speak to you on another important block to lay at the outset of your Christian life.
5. R. A. Torrey, in his book "How to Succeed in the Christian Life" wrote:
"There is nothing more important in the Christian life than beginning right. If we begin right we can go on right. If we begin wrong the whole life that follows is likely to be wrong." 1
6. The building blocks we are considering ar ...
There are 14663 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.