This content is part of a series.
Salvation: The Assurance of Your Faith (1 of 5)
Series: Building Blocks of the Faith
Ken D. Trivette
1. Dr. J.B. Gambrell said:
''Conversion is the end of the Christian life--but it is the front end.'' 1
2. Being saved is the starting point not the stopping place. Salvation is where we get in, but there is the matter of going on. Jude describes it as a building process.
3. Jude says, ''But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith.'' Salvation is the foundation, but there is a structure that is to be built on that foundation.
4. The writer of Hebrews had the same thought in mind in Hebrews 6:1:
''Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God.''
5. Once we have got in we are to go on. As Jude says, ''building upon your most holy faith.'' Once a person is saved, there are certain ''blocks'' that are to be laid. As each block is laid you are ''building on your most holy faith.'' For a few weeks we want to consider some of the first blocks that need to be laid. We will call these ''Building Blocks of the Faith.''
6. But before we lay the first block we must be sure of the foundation. In Luke 6 Jesus gave a parable about 2 men and the type of foundation they had under their house. We read in Luke 6:48-49:
''He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.  But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.''
7. If there is not a proper foundation, it is impossible to build a strong and sturdy building. That's why Paul said in 1 Corinthians 3:11:
There are 16527 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.