Ken D. Trivette
A TWIN MURDER
1. I read that the murder rate in the United States is more than one per
hour every day of the year. In all the wars in the nation9s history, 530,000
United States combatants have been killed. But since 1900, there have
been more than 800,000 murders.1
2. One study found that a baby horn in one of America's fifty largest cities
has almost a 2% chance of being murdered in his lifetime.2
3. Dr. Arnold Barnett, an instructor in applied mathematics at
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, said that his study showed that a
baby born in 1970s was more likely to be murdered than an American
soldier in World War II was to die in combat.3
4. The oldest record of a murder trial dates back nearly 4,000 years. A 2X4
foot tablet found in Iraq in 1950 describes how 3 men killed a man.
Brought before the king, the 3 men along with the victim's wife were tried
for murder. The wife was declared innocent, but the 3 men were executed.
5. The first record of a murder in found in Genesis 4. The first murder in
history was a twin murder. The murder that ever occurred was that of a
brother. It has been suggested that Cain and Abel were twins. Notice
Genesis 4:1-2, "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare
Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.  And she again bare
his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of
the ground. You have one conception but two births."
6. The story of Cain and Abel is not only as story of murder, but a story of
anger. We read in Vs.5, "Cain was very wroth." The word carries the ideal of
7. Psychologists tell us that there are several stages and phases of anger.
. Mild irritation.
. The word "wroth" describes the last stage -rage.
8. We read in 1 John 3:11-12, "For this is the message that ye heard from
the beginning, that we should love one ano ...
There are 17161 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.