The First Mr. Skywalker
Ken D. Trivette
1. A few years ago there came out a trilogy of Star Wars movies. Recently, they have become popular again and are being shown in movie theaters around the country. The movies centered around a man named Luke Skywalker.
2. But I want to remind you that long before there was ever a Luke Skywalker, there was Enoch Skywalker. Before Luke Skywalker ever dreamed of sailing past the stars and planets and visiting far off worlds, Enoch walked with God and one day took a trip past the moon and stars right into the very presence of God.
3. Genesis chapter 5, is one of those chapters in the Bible that we often read through hastily, if not skip altogether. It is one of the genealogy chapters of the Bible. It starts with Adam and ends with Noah and his sons, a total of 11 generations.
4. As you read the chapter, one hears the death bell tolling. Reading through the chapter is almost like walking through a morgue. We read time and time again "and he died."
5. The chapter reminds us over and over again that "It is appointed unto man once to die." We read in verse 5, that Adam lived 930 years, but none-the-less he died. In verse 11, we read that Seth lived 912 years, yet he died. In verse 11, we read that all the days of Enos was 905 years. Yet there was a day he died.
6. George Bernard Shaw wryly wrote: "The statistics on death are quite impressive: One out of every one die."
7. We read name after name, and then the words "and he died." But there is one exception in the chapter. That is Enoch. The Bible tells us in Hebrews 11:5 "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death."
8. He was the first grave-robber in history and the first Mr. Skywalker. Let's consider this man Enoch and learn a few things about him.
1. THE TESTIMONY OF ENOCH!
1. Listen to Hebrews 11:5 "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for bef ...
There are 16220 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.