This content is part of a series.
Let's Get Acquainted With Jehoiakim (6 of 10)
Let's Get Acquainted Series
1. Oceanography owes a great debt to the books of Matthew Fontaine Maury. His discoveries have been of incalculable help to navigators of the high seas. It is interesting that Maury acknowledged his debt to the Bible for some of his scientific findings.
One day when he was ill, his son read Psalm 8 to him. When the boy read the eighth verse, his father asked him to repeat it: "The birds of the air, and fish of the sea, and all that swim the paths of the seas." When the boy had finished, the great scientist declared, "If there are paths in the sea, I am going to find them."
Today the great oceangoing vessels follow the paths marked out by Maury, who believed they were there because the Bible said they were. (Robert C. Shannon, 1000 Windows, (Cincinnati, Ohio: Standard Publishing Company, 1997).
2. All who have trusted and relied on the Bible have found that the Bible is absolutely trustworthy and reliable. It is a book that has been proven to be true time and time again by person after person.
3. A 5-year-old decided to impress his grandparents by reciting his latest memory verse. Standing at attention, he rattled off the verse, doing an excellent job until he reached the reference: "Delusions 5:16."
4. The Bible is not a book of delusion. It is a book true from cover to cover. If it says there are paths in the sea, you can be certain there are paths in the sea. Whatever it says, one need not doubt its reliability and truthfulness.
5. Yet, in spite of its truthfulness and reliability, there are those who question its truths. There are those who reject its teachings. There are those who deny it, denounce it, and those who even try to destroy it.
6. As we continue getting better acquainted with some of the not so well knowns in the Bible, we meet such a man. His name is Jehoiakim.
7. Jehoiakim reigned for 11 years as the king of Juda ...
There are 19037 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.