This content is part of a series.
Let's Get Acquainted With Ahitophel (1 of 10)
Series: Let's Get Acquainted
2 Samuel 17:23
1. There are many Old Testament Bible characters that we are well known to all of us. Names such as Abraham, Jacob, Isaac, are all familiar names. Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, and Jonah are all names that we know well. We are familiar with their lives and deeds. Almost all of us could give a brief description of who they are and what they did.
2. But there are many Old Testament characters that are not as well known. You rarely hear their names mentioned and in some cases their names are not even recognized. They are strangers to us in many ways even though we find them in God's Word.
3. But yet, some of the greatest truths of the Bible are demonstrated in their lives and some of the greatest lessons we can learn as believers can be gleaned from their examples. For that reason, I want us to get better acquainted with these not so well known Bible characters.
4. The first not so well known Old Testament character that I want us to be better acquainted with is a grandfather by the name of Ahitophel.
5. Now when I think of a grandfather I think of one of the greatest experiences of life. I now understand why it is called GRANDfather. Being a grandfather is grand! If you don't have any grandchildren, I would encourage you to go out and steal one.
6. An 8-year-old wrote, ''A grandmother is a lady who has no children of her own, so she likes other people's boys and girls. Grandmas don't have anything to do except be there. If they take us for us walks, they slow down past pretty leaves and caterpillars. They never say 'Hurry up.' Usually they are fat but not too fat to tie shoes. They wear glasses and sometimes they can take their teeth out. They can answer questions like why dogs hate cats and why God isn't married. They don't talk like visitors do which is hard to understand. When they read to us, they don't skip words or mind if it is the same sto ...
There are 16130 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.