Dying In Style
1. People often talk about "living in style." I want to speak to you about "dying in style." For 100 years Abraham has been living right. Now we come to the last chapter of his life and we find him dying right.
2. I want to say two things about dying at the very beginning. First, all of we should plan on dying. Hebrews 9:27 says, "It is appointed unto men once to die." Your death is as certain as your life. Secondly, we should prepare for dying. Since we are going to die, we should get ready for death. We should prepare for death so that we will not be afraid to die. The dread of death is removed by the Lord we know as Saviour. We should be prepared for death so that we will not be ashamed to die. The despair of death is removed by the life we live as Christians. If a person will live right they will die right. If we want to leave as Christians without being ashamed, we should live as Christians without shame.
3. John Wesley once said of his followers, "Our people die well." When we look at the death of Abraham we see him dying well. As believers we should say, "I want to die well." When the last chapter has been written what will be said about us? I want us to look at the last chapter of Abraham's life and there are 3 features that I want you to notice.
1. THE FRUITFULNESS HE WAS EXPERIENCING!
1. Notice verses1-2, "Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah. And she bare him Zimram, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah."
2. We see two things occurring. Abraham is becoming a husband again and he is becoming a father again. He is around 125 or possibly older. Instead of hearing the squeak of a rocking chair, we hear wedding bells. Instead of leaning back and enjoying his golden years, he is surrounded by preschoolers. When it was about time to look at Nursing Homes, he was looking for kindergarten's. Instead of wheelchairs, there were baby carriages.
3. Sara ...
There are 13612 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.