This content is part of a series.
The Sorrowful Heart of Nehemiah (4 Of 6)
Series: A Spiritual EKG
1. Dr. W.W. Landrum was often heard to say, ''A Christian should have a heart twenty-five thousand miles in circumference.''
2. John McNeil wrote, ''Ah, we need an eye in our head, and a tongue in our mouths, and a hand at the end of our arm which has in it some tingle of everlasting love, and we need a heart working behind all three which has been kindled from the heart of Jesus, Who for us men and for our salvation took flesh and died upon the cross.''
3. As we look at Nehemiah we see a man with a heart that was big in circumference and behind all he is doing is a heart that had been kindled from the heart of God. His heart is described in 2:2 as a sorrowful heart.
4. Today we take our fourth spiritual EKG. Thus far we have seen:
* The Hard Heart Of Pharaoh.
* The Turned Heart Of Solomon.
* The Lifted Heart Of Uzziah.
5. The EKG's that we have taken have revealed serious heart conditions. We have seen heart conditions that ought to cause great concern to all those who are thus afflicted. But our EKG today reveals a heart condition that is needed.
6. In Nehemiah we see a heart condition that I pray will be found in me and each of us. The Sorrowful Heart is a heart condition we ought to pray for as Christians. In fact, if this heart condition is not found in us, it reveals that there is a serious heart condition for which we should be alarmed.
1. THE CONDITION THAT WAS SHARED WITH NEHEMIAH!
1. Notice Neh. 1:1-2, ''The words of Nehemiah the son of Hachaliah. And it came to pass in the month Chisleu, in the twentieth year, as I was in Shushan the palace, That Hanani, one of my brethren, came, he and certain men of Judah; and I asked them concerning the Jews that had escaped, which were left of the captivity, and concerning Jerusalem.''
2. There came a day when Nehemiah's brother and some friends paid him a visit. One of the first things Nehem ...
There are 17683 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.