How Will Jesus Find You When He Returns
1. One of the great promises of the Bible is the return of Jesus Christ. The Bible tells us that His return will be sure, "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away" (Mark 13:31).
2. His coming will be secret, "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord cometh as a thief in the night" (I Thess.5: 2).His coming will be sudden, "In the twinkling of an eye" (I Cor.15: 52).What will happen we know clearly. When it will happen is uncertain. Jesus said, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father" (Mark 13:32).
3. It is an hour of certainty, but also an hour of mystery. It is a subject that is presented in the Bible as imminent - subject to happen at any moment.
4. Dr. Ivor Powell in his commentary on Mark says, "People who set times and dates for the return of the Saviour are unquestionably stupid."
5. Because of the immency of His return, it is imperative to live every moment as if He could return today. We live in the shadow of eternity and we should live so that it does not matter when He comes.
6. In verse 35, Jesus mentioned 4 watches: even, midnight, at cockcrowing, and the morning. The even was the hours of 6-9 PM the midnight was the hours of 9-12 PM. The cockcrowing was the hours of 12-3 am and the morning 3-6 am. It is interesting that all these are at night. The indication is that he would return at a time least expected.
7. G. Campbell Morgan said, "I never begin my work in the morning without thinking that perhaps he may interrupt my work and begin His own. I am not looking for death. I am looking for Him."
8. Here is the question that I want us to consider. We know He is coming back. But when He returns how will he find each of us. Our text suggests 3 ways in which He could find us when He returns.
First we ask ourselves:
1. WILL HE FIND US SERVING ...
There are 10522 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.