Stay In This Field (9 of 14) by Ken Trivette
This content is part of a series.Stay In This Field (9 of 14)
Series: The Book of Ruth
Ken D. Trivette
1. As a Christian, there is probably nothing anymore important in the Christian life than understanding the will of God and undertaking the will of God. Finding the will of God and following the will of God is an essential, expedient, and exciting part of being saved.
2. George W. Truett said: "To know the will of God is the greatest knowledge; to find God's will is the greatest discovery; and to do God's will is the greatest achievement."
3. Miriam Booth, daughter of William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army, was a brilliant and cultured woman who began her Christian work with great promise and unusual success. However, disease brought her to a point of death. A friend told her it seemed a pity that a woman of her capabilities should be hindered by sickness from doing the Lord's work. She replied, "It's wonderful to do the Lord's work, but it is greater still to do the Lord's will."
4. Someone has said, "Out of the will of God there is no such thing as success; in the will of God there cannot be failure." A major key to being blessed of God is the will of God.
5. Cecil Rhodes once wrote: "If there is a God and He cares for men, then the most important thing in the world is to find out what He wants me to do and to do it."
6. David Livingstone once said, "I had rather be in the heart of Africa in the will of God than on the throne of England out of the will of God."Listen closely to what Alan Redpath said: "I say without hesitation that if every Christian were submitted to God's will, we would have continuous revival. The whole tragedy of the Church is that Christian men and women, born-again, redeemed by the blood, indwelt by the Spirit, still raise their big 'I' and refuse to bend before the Lord. The thing that puts the brakes on Holy Spirit revival, that raises the bar against God's mighty blessing and the outpoured floodtide of the Holy Spirit's power, is Christian men and women who will not submit to the omnipotent will of God."
7. Someone has said, "There is nothing wrong in the world but wrong will, and nothing right but right will. To will aright is to will what God wills."A believer that refuses the will of God is rejected for the work of God. If I want to experience God's work in my life I must do God's will for my life.
8. In the story of Ruth and the passage before us, there are some lessons that we can glean concerning the will of God. As we have seen in this chapter, Ruth is learning and growing in her Christian experience. In the process she is confronted about being obedient to Boaz and the blessings of doing so.
1. THE WILL OF GOD IS A DISCLOSED PLACE OF SERVICE!
1. Notice Ruth 2:21, "And Ruth the Moabitess said, He said unto me also, Thou shalt keep fast by my young men, until they have ended all my harvest." Also we read in Ruth 2:8, "Then said Boaz unto Ruth, Hearest thou not, my ...
There are 15334 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!