Romans 8:28 of the Old Testament
Ken D. Trivette
1. One of the most familiar verses in the N.T. is Romans 8:28: "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."
2. Romans 8:28 assures that God has a purpose for our life and that all things have a purpose in our life. Romans 8:28 has many times comforted, calmed, and challenged our heart.
3. The O.T. equivalent to Romans 8:28 is found in Genesis 50:20.
* The Funeral of Joseph's Father
* The Fear of Joseph's Family
5. What was Joseph's answer to his brother's fears? One of the most thrilling truths we find in the Bible.
1. THE PROBLEMS THAT WE FACE IN LIFE!
1. (Note Vs.17) ... The confession of his brothers brings up the years in which problem after problem had occurred in Joseph's life.
A. We Are Reminded Of The Difficult Life Of Joseph.
1. What had Joseph experienced?
* He had been FORSAKEN by his brothers.
* He had been FRAMED by Potiphars wife.
* He had been FORGOTTEN by the butler.
2. There were 13 years of one problem after another.
B. We Are Reminded Of The Dedicated Life Of Joseph.
1. All of his problems began because of his commitment to God and what God was doing in his life.
2. Joseph reminds us that God's people are not immune from problems.
2. THE PURPOSE THAT WE FIND IN LIFE!
1. (Vs.19) ... The testimony of Joseph, Romans 8:28, remind us that our problems are not without rhyme or reason.
A. The Bad Things That God Transforms.
1. A little boy asked his teacher, "Why are there so many vitamins in spinach and so few in candy and ice cream?"
2. There are often things in life that are distasteful and unenjoyable. But oftentimes God takes the bad and makes it good. Joseph said ... (Cp. Vs.20)
3. I read about an only survivor of a wreck who was thrown on an uninhabited island. He had built him an hut and there he placed what little he ha ...
There are 3995 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1998 character sample of the full content.