The Bedroom That Became a Courtroom
Ken D. Trivette
1. There is something about the last days and the end time that attracts and interests people of all walks of life. For one thing, people wonder WHAT the last days will hold. Even Hollywood has their depiction's of the destruction of the world and spins its ideals of Armageddon and the end of the world.
2. People wonder WHEN the last days will come. It is not unusual to hear of someone or some group predicting the Lord's return or the end of the world.
3. Before us in Genesis 49 is a reference to the "last days" (49:1), and we are given insight into what the last days will hold. Jacob is drawing nigh to his death, and he calls all his sons to his bedside. It is not long before his bedroom becomes a courtroom, as one by one, he reviews the lives of his sons and rewards them accordingly.
4. The scene before us is an Old Testament picture of the Judgment Seat of Christ. The Bible tells us:
But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
2 Cor. 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
5. What is the Judgment Seat of Christ. The title comes from the Greek word "bema," which describes a rostrum, tribunal, raised platform on which a judge would stand to watch the Grecian games and distribute awards to the victors.
6. I know of no story or scene in the Bible that will better help us to understand what the Judgment Seat of Christ than what we find in Genesis 49. Let's notice this bedroom that became a courtroom.
1. THE BELIEVERS DESTINED FOR THE JUDGMENT SEAT!
1. ( Gen.49:1-2 ) ... Before us are the parting words of Jacob. All the boys are gathered around their dying fathers bed. He has something he wants them to hear.
A. We ...
There are 15427 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.