Skeletons In The Closet
Ken D. Trivette
1. There is a truth that thrills my heart and that is all sin that is forgiven is forgotten. God says "their sins and iniquities will I remember no more." They are buried in the sea of God's forgetfulness never to be remembered by God again.
2. Furthermore, all sin that has been forgiven is forgotten and will never rise up to condemn or accuse the guilty. The confession of sin leads to the cleansing of sin. Sin that is cleansed is sin that will not condemn.
3. But on the other-hand, sin that is forgotten but not forgiven will one day awaken with a thousand accusing fingers to haunt us and condemn us. Sin that is not forgiven is not forgotten, either by God or man.
4. I have seen those, who, instead of getting a sin right, try to forget that sin and put it behind them. Now listen to me carefully. You may try and forget your sin and try to put it behind you, but sooner or later that sin will be forced upon you to be faced by you.
5. I think of the story of Hamlet. Hamlet's uncle murdered his brother, the father of Hamlet, and King of Denmark. The deed was done in secret but the young prince knew of it. He instructed the actors to repeat the murder in play before the royal but guilty king. They did so. At last the king could bear it no more. He rose hastily from his seat and went from the hall saying:
"Oh, my offence is rank, it smells to heaven;
It hath the primal eldest curse upon it,
A brother's murder."
6. Unconfessed sin is a foul odor to heaven and sooner or later the skeletons in our closet will come out.
7. F.B. Meyer said: "Would it be if some resurrection trumpet could sound and awaken the sleeping consciences of men, causing long-forgotten but unforgiven sins to arise and come forth from their graves."1
8. If there is some sin in your life that you have ignored and failed to get forgiveness for; a sin you have forgotten, yes, there will one day be a resurrection trumpet ...
There are 14427 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.