This Kind Takes This Kind
Ken D. Trivette
1. There are people that we call difficult cases, hard cases. There are problems that we call difficult and hard....Yet we have the assurance of God's Word that nothing is too hard for God. "THIS KIND"
2. Understanding this, then we are left to assume that the problem must be with us and not with God. Unusual cases require unusual steps.
1. THE RESULT THAT WAS DISTURBING!
1. (VS.14-16) We see a request that was made and a result that was disturbing.
A. A Problem That Was Great!
1. (Lunatick) = "to be moonstruck" - in a secondary sense to be "epileptic." It was commonly believed that insanity was related to the moon, thus the term of lunacy used.
B. A Powerlessness That Was Grievous!
1. (They could not) ... These words could be written over many a church door...descriptive of many a believer. They did not have the power necessary for this kind.
2. THE REASON THAT WAS DESCRIBED!
1. (VS.17-20) Why do we lack the abilit ...
There are 2048 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1024 character sample of the full content.