A Beatitude for When You Are Upset with God
Ken D. Trivette
1. There are several beatitudes in the Scripture. Those that we are most familiar with are the 9 Jesus delivered in His sermon on the mount.
''Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.''
''Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.''
''Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.''
''Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.''
''Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.''
''Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.''
''Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.''
''Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.''
''Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake.''
2. There are other beatitudes that Jesus gave:
Luke 11:28 ''Blessed are they that hear the Word of God and keep it.''
Luke 12:43 ''Blessed is that servant whom his Lord when he cometh shall find so doing.''
Matt.11:6 ''Blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.''
3. We call them Beatitudes because of the word ''blessed.'' The word basically means ''happy'' or ''blissful.'' It speaks of an inner peace, an inner bliss, an inner happiness and joy.
4. In our story we see a man that was in need of inner joy and peace. We see the great John the Baptist. But when we look at him in this story we see that his faith was bordering on doubt and heart was sinking into discouragement. Yet in the low moment of his life, Jesus said him a message, a beatitude that served to bring an inner peace and joy.
5. Let's look at John the Baptist in the lowest moment of his life and the beatitude Jesus sent him.
1. A MAN COMMENDED BY THE WORDS OF JESUS!
1. There are certain things for which we should be thankful and for ...
There are 12547 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.