How to Become a Man of Influence
A. Two basic requirements for being a man of God:
1. A man who seeks and develops the character of God; or the characteristics of God.
1. All the characteristics demonstrated in Jesus Christ
2. The Holy Spirit makes the Character of God alive in our lives.
2. The man who is devoted to pursuing the purpose and the passion of God.
a. One who is not just inward focused, but outward focused.
1. If we only gathered to study the Bible and become more like Him, we're not what we would entirely call Men of God, because people who pursue Him pursue His passion on earth.
1. People who are passionate about God also want to carry His agenda and make a difference.
b. The men we study were not only men of God but men of impact.
1. They are men who realize that God gave them a gift, and a talent and they used it for God's purpose.
a. Go through the Networking class and study your gifts. MAT 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savor, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. (KJV)
B. Being a man of influence and purpose requires a foundation of proactivity.
1. Proactivity is saying that we are responsible for our own life and our own behavior.
a. Our behavior is a function of our decisions and our conditions.
1. That we can choose our own decisions and our own destiny.
2. Men of God are proactive and we can subordinate our feelings to value.
a. We don't have to be controlled by our environment or by others around us.
b. We can make things happen; Sometimes we're waiting for God to make things happen, ...
There are 12664 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.